CADASTRAL SYSTEM ABROAD
Cadastre - in Great Britain
Cadastre in Great Britain:
- "Her Majesty's Land Register" - land or title register - established in 1862;
- Open to all citizens online;
- The modern cadastral system is based on a law adopted in 1925;
- The main role in the system is played by the Great Britain Surveyors and Her Majesty's Land Registry (or Royal Registry);
- The system consists of 3 official registers: real estate, private property and limited property;
- The main task of the system is to provide a simple and reliable procedure for approving land rights;
- There are 2 types of land ownership: - freehold land tenure and land tenure right granted for a certain period of time in return for nominal annual land rent.
Currently, all real estate transfers are carried out by 19 regional offices through a computer network structure called State Land Registration.